Occupational Directed Education, Training and Development practices (ODETDP) delivered to local Governments in SA
The Local Government Seta, called for tenders to training providers to apply for the training of 125 staff members in local governments on the curriculum of the ODETDP qualification. Assessment College was successful in this bid and launched a successful delivery of the ODETP 50334 Certificate during 2014/2015. The project was rolled out in the
- Eastern Cape
- Kwa-Zulu Natal
- North West
- Gauteng provinces.
The qualification was offered in five skills programs and focused on the six main functions of an educations, Training and Development (ETD) practitioner namely
- Understanding Outcomes-bases education and promoting the National Qualification Framework (NQF) within an organisation.
- Conducting skills development activities (SDF tasks and facilitations) such as skills audits which include job profiling, development annual workplace skills plans and annual training reports.
- Designing, developing and evaluation of Outcomes based learning programs within the context of the NQF
- Facilitating a learning event using a variety of methods while evaluating learner progress and facilitator performance
- Designing assessment tools and instruments conducting assessments and moderators
- Assisting and managing learner to guide them through formal and informal development processes
The majority of the target group was engaged in SDF responsibilities in the local government as workplace. This made it possible for real world case studies to be discussed and analysed in the large groups which was a tremendous benefit to those with less Education, training and Development experience.
In each of the skills programs the portfolio of evidence consisted of a formative assessment workbook, mostly completed during the workshop to ensure learning is taking place. The summative assessment activities focused on application within the workplace.
Graduation ceremonies were held in all four provinces celebrating the success of the learners.